QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day 27 of no smoking

I had a DR. appt. today. We talked about the chantix and my plan with it. He basically told me as long as it was working I could modify the dosage to whatever I felt comfortable with. I have a feeling that by next year or so chantix is not going to be a one dose fits all kind of drug. I'm thinking there will be different strength prescriptions and possibly a "wean pack" similar to the starter one.

I met up with my girls at my friend Gina's house last night for coffee and chit chat. Gina is the only friend I have that still smokes (It seems really odd to type that), and it's hard to be around her because the smoking urge jumps by about 50%. Not because of the smoking- I was around my dad all last week and was fine- it's because I know she will give me one if I ask. So it's the temptation and the little voice in my head that says "Look! You can have a cigarette. You know she'll give you one". Nice friend, right?

Anyway, I resisted the urges but I did find myself blankly staring at her cigarette pack a couple times. I was just zoning out on it like I was hypnotized. I can't wait until the time comes when I find smoking disgusting and not something I still want so bad so much of the time.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you resisted. I imagine you would feel pretty silly if you had one at this point. And it would not do much for you either, not like the old days. Almost a month, congrats in advance!

Hope said...

Thanks Chris. Yeah almost a month- it would totally suck to have one now and be back at day 1.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it through the offer and that your doctor has signed off on you doing your Chantix thing your way. I agree 8 million % that everyone is a bit different.