QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Days 1-7

I actually started this blog on day 12 so I will be compressing some of the days together while I catch this story up. I was originally going to keep track of this in a journal but I've never been one to write in a journal more than once or twice before I get bored. Blogging on the other hand is something I like to do, plus if I put here instead of a journal maybe someone will come across it, maybe they are looking into chantix or already on chantix and have some questions I might be able to answer.
On with the story.

I took the .5mg of chantix and by the second day my cigarettes were off tasting but not enough to lower my amount of smoking.

days 3,4,& 5 I was overwhelmingly tired. I also started with the vivid dreams right around now. Vivid but not scary as I've known other chantix user's to be. It is actually kind of nice since I don't usually remember my dreams. These are so vivid it's kind of like going to the movie theater every night.
On day 4 I started the .5mg twice a day. I was getting a little nausea after the second pill so I started taking it with milk. Bingo- no more nausea.
Day 5 my sleepiness let up and I noticed I was smoking less than normal.
Day 6 I smoked less and was starting to believe this medicine might really help me.

Day 7: the day before the big quit date. I have to admit I was way nervous. I smoked a LOT on day 7. Like I was trying to stock up or something.

On day 7, Thursday August 17th at 11:30pm, I put out my last cigarette.

2 comments:

maggie said...

Hi, Hope! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I answered you there about the QuitMeter, and I hope it will help.

Good luck to you on continuing in your quit!

Chris said...

Hi Hope,

I am on day eight, the first full dose. How was your second week?

Looking forward to reading about your success.