QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 8

The big quit day.

When I woke up I had 5 cigarettes left in the pack that I had tried to finish off the night before. I got up, got ready for work, and then faced the big challenge as I walked out the door- The time for my usuall morning cigarette. I lit one while telling myself "this will be it! Really, I just need to get my morning hit so I can let them go." I got 4 puffs off of it before I put it out. It tasted really nasty and I was a little ashamed of myself because I had told myself the night before that that would be it. I crushed it out and broke up the other 4 left in the pack.

All I can say about the rest of the day is that I made it through.

It was rough, but nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not gonna lie, I thought about cigarettes about once every 2 minutes. But they were just thoughts, not real "OMG if I don't smoke now I will kill someone" cravings.

Also -today I began the 1mg pill 2x daily- Slight nausea again but when taken with milk it's very slight.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Don't beat yourself up for the 4 puffs and keep up the good work. I'm on day 8 also but am tapering while the drug builds up. It seems a lot of people need more than a week to quit.

Hang in there...

maggie said...

I agree with Chris not to beat yourself up too badly for a bump at the start since you are ready to rock smoke-free from here. Glad you got the QuitMeter to work! You can adjust the width a little bit so that it all fits either by adjusting back over at QuitMeter itself to get the new code with the change made, or you can just go into where you pasted it into the formatting and find where it says width to adjust there. Whatever, you are doing great! Keep going, and let me know if I can add your blog to my list of fellow Chantix bloggers over on my blog so that we can all read along!

Hope said...

hi chris, thanks for reading and I hope you come again. Good luck and stay strong with your quit :)

maggie! yes absolutely, I would love to be added to your blog list. And thanks for the help with the quit meter.